Always refer to the Payroll Document Schedule located on the Payroll Website (payroll.wsu.edu) for pertinent dates.
Table of Contents
- Log in to cougarmanager.wsu.edu using your NID
- Under the 'Timecard' tab, click 'Admin Timecards'
- Any timecards listed under INCOMPLETE TIMECARDS are ready to be processed.
- Any timecards listed under UNSIGNED TIMECARDS – Supervisor needs to be contacted to approve the timecard.
- Click on View Timecards
- Click on the middle button “Hide cards Employees have signed”
- Send an e-mail to each employee (copying the supervisor) to inform them that timecards are due and that they need to submit their timecard.
- Once all timecards are listed under INCOMPLETE TIMECARDS, hours are ready to be entered into Positive Pay.
- Log into Cougar Manager
- Log into DEPPS in AIS, select #2 DEPTPAY
- Select #1 PPAYENT
- Place an x in the ALL Accounts box and press F1
- Begin entering hours for each employee into Positive Pay. If employee does not have a timecard for current period, type an “N” into the NT column.
- Once you have entered hours in Positive Pay, click the complete box in Cougar Manager next to the employee.
- Once all hours have been entered, click the “Printable View” button in Cougar Manager and print the report.
- Hit F12, place an “X” on the Incomplete line , and hit F12 again.
- Go back to the DEPTPAY menu in DEPPS and choose option #3 – PPAYDNLD.
- Place an x for ALL Accounts and hit F1
- Choose the “Document” and “Entire Connection” options and hit enter 2 times.
- Highlight the URL and copy and paste into a browser
- Open the listed file, change to landscape orientation, and print
- Give the Cougar Manager print out and the Positive Pay print out to 2 other AFS employees to verify the information.
- Make any corrections if needed.
- Go back to DEPPS, Option #1 – PPAYENT. Repeat steps C&D from above.
- Hit F12, place an “x” in the Complete box, and hit F12 again.
- Put both print outs aside until PEAR review begins.
- Log into DEPPS in AIS
- Choose #2 DEPTPAY
- Choose #6 PEARDNLD
- Type an x for All Accounts and press F1
- Mark Document, PEAR data plus comments, and entire connection.
- Press Enter 3 times.
- Copy the URL listed, paste into Browser, and log in.
- Open the listed file, change to landscape orientation, and print.
- Compare each line to previous pay period PEAR, using Cougar Manager printout, pay affecting documents, PAFs, and other personnel documents to verify correctness. Make notes in margin of any discrepancies/changes and the reason for them.
- When all lines have been checked, attach all pertinent documents. Give both the current and previous PEARs to Budget/Finance Manager for certification.
(More to come...)
Pay Affecting Documents
(More to come...)