Table of Contents
Please be aware that COVID-19 has impacted many of the University's policies and procedures, and documentation may not all be up-to-date. Please use your best judgement while reading this KB article. As always, if you get stuck at any point during this KB article, please contact the VCEA IT Helpdesk for assistance.
- Your EECS account is not the same as your WSU Network ID. You might have the same username, but your EECS account and your WSU Network ID are not linked in any way.
- EECS accounts can expire. Depending on where you're trying to use your EECS account, this might not be an obvious problem. Check out the Account Expiration section for more details.
- Your EECS account should be created by the first day of your first EE or CptS class. Your instructor will likely give you details about your EECS account the first time you need to use it. If not, or if you've never used your EECS account before, please contact the VCEA IT Helpdesk for assistance.
For faculty and staff:
- Your EECS account will be created for you on or after your first day of employment. Please contact the VCEA IT Helpdesk if you have any questions or concerns about your EECS account.
Generally, EECS usernames are the first letter of your first name, followed by the first 7 letters of your last name. No spaces. All lowercase.
If you posses a common last name, your username may include a number at the end. Contact the VCEA IT Helpdesk if you have questions.
If you're not sure what your current password is, contact the VCEA IT Helpdesk to get your account details.
Your account can expire in two ways:
- The password can expire:
- When this happens you will be unable to access any EECS service except for SSH. This includes EECS's GitLab service.
- This happens about every six months.
- To correct this, you must reset your EECS password.
- The account can expire:
- This will cease all activity on your account, including SSH access.
- This occurs about every two years for students and about every four years for faculty and staff.
- Note: this does not mean your account is deleted, but if your account isn't reactivated after a period of time, it may be deleted.
- To correct this issue, you must contact the VCEA IT Helpdesk.