NOTE: Not all wireless plans allow mobile/personal hotspot. Please contact your wireless provider if you need this feature enabled.
iPhone or iPad (with Cellular): Personal Hotspot Setup
- Please visit Apple’s Personal Hotspot support page because the specifics may change as new versions of iOS/iPadOS are released: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204023
- Personal Hotspot will quickly drain your battery, so make sure the device is plugged into AC power
Android Device: Portable Hotspot AKA Mobile Hotspot Setup
NOTE: Not all Android devices are alike. These instructions are meant to point you in the right direction. If you need further assistance, please contact email@example.com or call 509-358-7748
- Open Settings
- In the Wireless & Networking section, look for Tethering & Portable Hotspot
- Tap the checkbox beside Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot or Mobile Hotspot
- Enter an SSID of your choosing; this will be the name for your hotspot
- Create a password for your hotspot
- You will now see the SSID of your mobile/portable hotspot from other devices. Simply select it and enter your password.
- Using your device as a hotspot will quickly drain your battery, so make sure the device is plugged into AC power