Mac GlobalProtect Client Install
- Login with WSU Okta credentials
- No need for additional prefixes or suffixes
- Example: email@example.com will only need username john.smith
- Respond to the MFA prompt
- After logging in, download the Mac OS agent.
- When prompted, run the software.
- When prompted again, run the GlobalProtect Installer.
- From the GlobalProtect Installer, click continue.
- On the destination select screen, select the install folder, and then click continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, select the GlobalProtect installation package check box, and then click continue.
- Click install to confirm that you want to install GlobalProtect.
- When prompted, enter your Username and Password, and then click install software to begin the installation.
- When this security box appears, users MUST click the “Open Security Preferences” Button (NOT the OK Button).
- Click the “Allow” button at the bottom of the “Security & Privacy” box to allow the Palo Alto Extension.
- After installation is complete, close the installer.
Connecting to the VPN
Click on the globalprotect system tray icon.
You will be prompted to enter a VPN portal address.
If you are connecting to a specific campus, enter the appropriate VPN portal. A list can be found HERE.
The first sign-in attempt will use a built-in browser window (embedded browser). Once you successfully connect, your system default browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) will be launched to complete sign-in. The prompts will look the same.
On this page, enter your username and password. If you scroll down on this page, you will see a ‘Remember me’ option. Check this option to have your username saved for future logins. This is recommended.
Once a valid credential pair is entered, you will receive a prompt to choose your MFA option. You can use any MFA option that is supported by Okta, including SMS, App Push, Google Authenticator, Security Key, etc. Push notifications with the Okta Verify App are recommended.
When selecting Okta Verify Push notifications, it is recommended to select the option ‘Send push automatically’
While the option ‘Do not challenge me on this device for the next 24 hours’ option may be checked, this option will not have any effect. You will continue to be prompted for multi-factor authentication for every VPN login.
At this point, you should receive a multifactor prompt on your device or be ready to enter a code from a separate multi-factor app.
You may see the following screen after connection in your default browser. This tab can be safely closed.
OKTA MFA Factor Enrollment
To set up your Okta MFA options, visit https://account.wsu.edu.
Download the installer from the portal page at https://vpn.wsu.edu (same process as the previous Mac GP Client install).
From the GlobalProtect installer, click continue.
On the Installation Type screen, select the Uninstall GlobalProtect package check box, and then click continue:
Click Install to confirm that you want to remove the GlobalProtect app.
When prompted, enter your Username and Password, and then click Install Software to uninstall GlobalProtect.
A message will pop up that will confirm that the Uninstall GlobalProtect package was successfully installed and that the GlobalProtect app has been removed from the computer.