To move reports out of your 'My Folder, and place them into your own user 'Shared Folder'.
- Locate the report you want to move in the 'My Folders' area of the Catalog
Note that I am going to move 8 reports that are located in this folder titled 'PCHEES'.
2. Highlight the report you want to copy. If you want to select more than 1 report to copy at a time you can hold down the 'CTRL' key and click on multiple reports at a time. If this is your first time I suggest going with one report at a time until you get the hang of it.
3. Now simply drag the file down to your destination sub-folder that you have created in your folder under the Shared Folder, BI-DWH, Users, (Your last name, space First Name). In my case I have named a folder 'AMy Folder' and simply hover over the title of the sub-folder and release the report into the folder.
4. Moving reports is very easy to do.
5. Go back to your original report in your 'My Folders' and delete it. See below for a reminder of how to delete/ remove a report from your folders if you no longer need the report it is as easy as clicking on the report and High Lighting it and then clicking on the RED X icon on the top ribbon of the page.