Unable to edit an Office365 document on a Mac
In most cases this issue is caused by the application losing the connection with the Office licensing server.
- First you need to force the Office application to sign out of the account.
- You can do this by opening Word or Excel and click on "Word" or "Excel" and select "Sign Out".
- This will display the Account information for Office and you should see an option to Sign Out
- Then, REBOOT the Mac
- Next Open Word Again
- This time, at the top it will say it's not Activated - Click the Button to Activate Office
- When the Activate Office box pops up, Click Sign In at the bottom of the box.
- At this point you should be able to sign back in using your WHOLE WSU email address and password.
Other Troubleshooting Steps can be found on this Article on Microsoft's Website:
What to try if you can't install or activate Office for Mac