This will guide you through waking your WSU Spokane computer workstation and remoting into it.
** For instructions on remoting from a Mac computer to a PC, click HERE.
** Remember, you must first be connected to WSU Spokane VPN using GlobalProtect. Click HERE for those instructions.
Waking your desktop computer
Most campus computers are under a power management policy which puts them to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity. In order to wake your computer, you will need to know your computer's name.
- To find your computers name, open the file explorer window, in the left hand column right click on "This PC" and select Properties.
- In the center of the screen you should see your computer's name, usually starting with your Department prefix and your last name, e.g. "ITSLastName"
- Go to https://wake.spokane.wsu.edu and sign in when prompted with your WSU network ID and password.
- Use the top search box to find your computer
- **If you are remoting from a Mac computer, use the computer IP address instead of the computer name.
- When your computer appears, click Wake
- Click the Remote Desktop button and a link to connect to your computer will appear in your downloads.
- Launch that file and you should be prompted to sign into your computer.