Exporting a Course from Blackboard
- Navigate to the course that needs to be transferred.
- Within the course menu, navigate to Packages and Utilities and select Export/Archive Course.
- On the Export/Archive Course page, select Export Package. This will bring you the Export Course page.
- Within the File Attachments section, ensure that the following options are selected:
- Course Files Default Directory – Select "Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory"
- Files Outside of the Course Default Directory – Select "Copy links and include copies of the files outside of the course default directory"
- Within the Select Course Materials section, choose Select All.
- After choosing the Select All option, you will need to adjust the following selections:
- Deselect Announcements.
- Under Discussion Board, select Include only the forums with no starter posts. This option will copy over the Forum prompts but will prevent student posts from the previous course from being copied.
- Under Settings, deselect Availability, Course Guest Access, Course Observer Access, Duration, and Enrollment Options.
- Select Submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email in your WSU email once the Export File is complete. Once you receive the confirmation email, select the Refresh button on the Export/Archive Course page.
- The Export File will appear as a link. Select the link to download the ZIP file.
Setting up the Course in Canvas
Import a Global/Non Global Campus Template
- Navigate to the course that needs to be set up in Canvas.
- Within the course menu, navigate to Settings and select Import Course Content.
- On the Import Content page, change the Content Type to Copy a Canvas Course.
- In the Search for a course field, enter "Campus" which will bring up the two campus templates. One for Global and one for non-Global. Select the one that fits your course.
- For the Content, select All content.
- Select the Import button.
- The course copy will appear under Current Jobs. Once the process is completed, import the Blackboard ZIP file.
Import the Blackboard ZIP file
- On the Import Content page, change the Content Type to Blackboard 6/7/8/9 export .zip file.
- For the source, choose the ZIP file that was downloaded from Blackboard.
- For the content, select All content.
- Within the Options, select Adjust events and due dates.
- For the date adjustment, select Remove dates.
- The import will appear under Current Jobs.