A proxy is a program that acts as a middleman between your web browser and the internet. It intercepts requests coming in and out of your computer and does something with them first. Sometimes they are necessary for certain programs or Internet Service Providers (ISPs), but they can prevent your browser from behaving correctly.
- The instructions for checking your browser for a proxy is dependent on the browser you are using.
- The most accurate steps are found online.
- How to navigate to resolve the issue
- Perform a search ( Google, etc) using the following key words or phrase in the search:
"checking for a proxy" and the version of browser you are using...ie "chrome windows"
- Note: Domains that are edu or from the web browser home sites, contain cleanest documentation.