I'm receiving a "Session Expired" notice when attempting to join a Zoom meeting via Canvas on my Apple device.
This is caused by an issue with the Safari or Firefox web browser on a laptop/desktop, or IOS on an iPhone/iPad.
In order to join the Zoom meeting, follow the steps below.
- Open Safari
- Click the Safari menu (in the menu bar at the top-left when Safari is the active window)
- Click Preferences
- Click the Privacy section
- Uncheck the box titled, "Prevent cross-site tracking"
- Open the Settings app
- Locate and click on the Safari section in the list of categories
- Toggle the "Prevent cross-site tracking" option off
- Click the menu button and select Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- Under Enhanced Tracking Protection, select the Standard radio button.
- Close the about:preferences. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
- Alternatively, you may click the shield icon next to the URL to make an exception to the Enhanced Tracking Protection for the current website.
- By completing this process on Canvas, access issues to Zoom links in a class should be resolved.