- Log in to the Workday system.
- Select the Absence application on the Home page or enter Request Absence into the Workday Search field.
3. Select the Request Absence option under the Request section.
4.. On the Absence Calendar page, select the Select Date Range button to enter the dates of your absence. Alternatively, select and drag across the desired dates on the calendar to select the dates of your absence, then select the Request Absence button on the bottom left of the page.
5. On the Select Date Range pop-up window, enter the From date and To date to indicate the first and last day of your absence.
6. In the Type field, select Leave of Absence, and then specify the type of leave of absence to be requested.
Note: If the Medical or Parental Leave of Absence is selected, the leave will need to be submitted to the Absence Partner for review. However, if a non-medical leave of absence is selected, the request is reviewed by the assigned manager.
7. Select Next.
8. On Request Absence page, select the Reason from the drop-down menu. You may also enter a comment for reference.
9. Select Submit. Your Absence Calendar is updated with the requested absence that is pending review.
Note: You may receive a reminder in your Workday Notifications to provide additional documentation based on your leave of absence. Select the Notifications
10. Your Absence Calendar is populated with the requested absence, outlined in gray. Only approved absences will display a green checkmark.
11. If you requested a Medical or Parental Leave of Absence, you will receive a task in your Workday Inbox to complete a questionnaire. You are required to complete and submit this questionnaire for your request to proceed to the review and approval stage. Select the Inbox
12. Select the appropriate Absence Request item from the Actions list and complete the questionnaire.
13. Select Submit. If you wish to save your progress and return to the questionnaire later, select Save for Later.
- Your request for a leave of absence is NOT complete until this questionnaire has been submitted. If you do not submit this questionnaire, your request will not be sent to the Absence Partner for review.
- If you are applying for shared leave, you will also receive a To Do in your Inbox that you must open and submit once you have turned in the appropriate supporting documents to HR. Your request will not be routed to the Absence Partner until this To Do has been submitted.
- Upon a return from a leave of absence, you will receive an Inbox action item to end any delegation of Workday tasks that you may have set up. This will initiate the transfer of your assigned responsibilities back to you.
If a medical leave is determined to be a reasonable accommodation by the Absence Partner, the request is then routed to the Appointing Authority for review.
Anchor _Hlk39149028 _Hlk39149028