This Reference Guide provides information on how to apply for an internal job posting in the Workday system.
Note: See the Getting Started With Workday Guide: Modify Your Personal Information for instructions to add and change your personal information.
- Employee as Self
Steps to Apply for Internal Job Posting
Execute the following steps to apply for an internal job posting:
- Select the desired job posting from the search results or further specify your search criteria into the Workday Search field. You can use the left-hand menu to filter the search results.
- Select the Apply button.
- Review and validate your profile information on the Apply to Job page.
- Select the Go to Your Profile button and select the Career tab under your Profile menu to make any changes to your profile before applying for the job. Your career profile includes your job history and education and must be up-to-date prior to applying.
- If you make changes to your career profile, you will need to navigate back to the job posting via Find Jobs to complete your application.
- Only HRS members will be able to view your career information through your worker profile. Search Committee members will only be able to view your career information on your job application.
- Scroll down and upload your resume or curriculum vitae in the Resume / Cover Letter section.
Note: It is required to upload your resume or curriculum vitae when applying for a job. You can also upload additional required or optional documents noted on the job posting further down in the questionnaire.
- Complete the questionnaire for the job.
- Select the Submit button to apply for the job.
- Select the Details and Process drop-down button to review your application.
- Select the Done button.
- Once you have applied for a job, you will receive a Workday Notification (bell icon) confirming that your application has been received.
Result: You have completed the task of applying for an internal job posting.
Steps to View Internal Job Applications
Execute the following steps to view your current job applications in Workday:
- Log in to the Workday system.
- Select the Profile icon on the top-right corner of the Workday Home page.
- Select View Profile just below your name.
- Select the Career option from the left-hand menu.
- Select the My Job Applications tab to view information about your internal job applications.
<div style="background-color: yellow; border: 2px solid red; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"> This page was moved behind authentication, you’re being redirected to log in to the Workday Knowledge Base. <a href="https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156962755">https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156962755</a> <br> Click in the link above if you are not automatically redirected in 10 seconds. </div> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10; URL='https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156962755'" />