Workday: Security Access Request – Security Partner
This Reference Guide provides information on requesting changes users' role-based security assignments in Workday.
Note: User-based security roles cannot be requested via this process. Security Access Requests can only be submitted to make changes to Finance OR HCM role-based security for one worker at a time.
- Security Partner
Approvers (dependent on access type)
- Finance Role Assigner
- HCM Role Assigner
- PII Approver
Steps for Security Access Request
Execute the following steps to request a change to a user's role-based security assignments:
- Log in to the Workday system.
- Prior to creating the access request, search for the Organization associated with the worker whose security is to be updated in the Search field and select it in the results.
- Select the Members tab and note the Position number for the worker to update – this information will be required when creating the request.
4. Enter Create Request in the Workday Search field and select Create Request - Task.
5. On the Create Request page, select a request type of Security Access Request.
7. In the first text box titled Describe the Request, enter the purpose of the request (be as specific as possible).
8. Populate the remaining fields with the Worker information required for the security assignment changes as described in the instructions.
Note: Roles requiring access to PII are referenced next to the appropriate radio button.
10. Enter in the role name(s) or a description of the access to be updated.
11. Enter the organization(s) the roles are associated with.
12. Select the date the security updates should be effective.
13. Select today's date in the final date selection box to attest the security changes are approved by the Security Partner.
14. Select Submit to automatically route the request to the necessary approvers.
15. To view the approval process and next approval, select the Process tab.
<div style="background-color: yellow; border: 2px solid red; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"> This page was moved behind authentication, you’re being redirected to log in to the Workday Knowledge Base. <a href="https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156964764">https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156964764</a> <br> Click in the link above if you are not automatically redirected in 10 seconds. </div> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10; URL='https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156964764'" />