Workday: Security Access Request – Role Assigner
This Reference Guide provides information on approving and assigning security groups to users in Workday.
Note: User-based security cannot be requested/assigned via this process.
- Security Partner
Approver (dependent on access type)
- PII Approver
- Finance Role Assigner
- HCM Role Assigner
Steps for Role Assigner
Execute the following steps to assign security based on Security Access Requests:
- Log in to the Workday system.
- Click on Inbox Icon.
3. On the Inbox page, select Request Process: Security Access Request:
4. Review the request in right-hand pane taking note of Employee, Position ID and roles to update.
Note: If the request is denied, select the Resolution and Resolution Details as necessary to close the request.
5. Enter Employee's Name or WSUID# in Search bar and search.
6. Select the Employee's Related Actions button, and select Security Profile > Assign Roles – Add/Remove.
7. Verify Effective Date reflects the date provided in the request. Click OK
8. For a new assignment, Select the + button to add a new row and select the Organization Value & Role Name.
Note: The 'Role Enabled For' column must contain the organization (Supervisory Organization, Company, Academic Unit, Cost Center, Gift, Grant, Project, Program, etc.) to which the role is associated – this is available in the request
To remove an assignment, Select the checkbox next to the applicable row.
9. Select the Submit button.
10. Once submitted, review Details and Process if necessary and select the Done button.
11. Navigate back to your Inbox and select Request Process: Security Access Request: . Select a Resolution and Resolution Details and select the Submit button confirming that the assignment updates are completed.
<div style="background-color: yellow; border: 2px solid red; margin: 4px; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"> This page was moved behind authentication, you’re being redirected to log in to the Workday Knowledge Base. <a href="https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156964754">https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156964754</a> <br> Click in the link above if you are not automatically redirected in 10 seconds. </div> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10; URL='https://jira.esg.wsu.edu/servicedesk/customer/kb/view/156964754'" />