Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) in effort to better secure your Gitlab account.
- Log into Gitlab.eecs.wsu.edu to access your profile.
- When signed-in click your profile picture in the upper right, and select 'Preferences'
- When in your "User Settings" page, select "Account" from the left-side menu bar to find the "manage two-factor authentication" button to begin the 2FA registration process.
- The exact process you will use to register your 2FA code might change in specific detail, but the overall process is the same:
- Use the QR code, or manually input the key, into your 2FA a software app - Authy or Google Authenticator was used here.
- Input the resultant 6-digit code in the "Pin code" field to verify the key you registered on your app with gitlab.eecs and you're good to go.
- When finished, you will be presented with recovery codes that can be used to regain access should you lose your 2FA app/device.
- If you chose to store these, save only to a secure location.