When you login to the account settings site (https://account.wsu.edu), you will need to click on the "Edit Profile" button on the top right, and verify your password. This will take you to where you can edit your profile settings and locate the "Extra Verification" box.
Once you are on the editable profile screen:
- Scroll down to the "Extra Verification" section.
- Select at least one method of Extra Verification . (Note: If you set up more than one method of Extra Verification, you will have the option to choose your preferred verification method at every login.)
Okta Verify Mobile App
Google Authenticator Mobile App
Install the Google Authenticator App
Text Message Code
|Authenticate using Security Key|
Extra Verification Enrollment using Security Key (Note: Security keys are typically in the format of a USB, but are also available in other formats.)
2. Next, click the setup button next to the "Security Key or Biometric Authenticator" section.
3. When you see the prompt to do so, insert your security key into your computer's USB port, and activate the security key.
1. In Firefox, you must click on the option to "Proceed," then plug the device in to finish registration.
2. Once this is complete, return to your account settings page.
2. Select "Allow."
3. You will then get a confirmation box on the screen.
For Security Keys that WSU has tested, please see below: