To install a printer in Windows, follow the steps below. To install a printer in the Mac OS, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will connect you.
- Be sure that your computer is connect to either the wired network or the WSU Wireless wifi network.
- Visit the printers website at printers.vancouver.wsu.edu.
- Click on the building where the printer is located (FSC in the example below)
- In the next screen, find the printer you want to install and click the install icon. Note: The printer's name is based on its location. In the example pictured below, the printer is located in room 120. The B1 or C1 in the name indicates if the printer is black and white or color.
- A file will download to your download folder. Double-click the file and the window pictured below will open. Click on More Info, and then choose Run Anyway on the next screen. This runs a script that installs the printer.
- If the printer requires a PIN (AKA a copy code), that is indicated in the PIN column as shown in the picture below. Clicking on PIN Info leads you to instructions for adding the PIN for that printer.
- If you run into any issues, contact the IT Help Desk - 360-546-9770, email@example.com, or join our Zoom Help Desk, which is linked from the IT homepage.